When importing session data into Pro Tools from another Dolby Atmos session, the Object output path assignments (if any) can be imported and the Bus/Object toggle setting for the tracks selected for import. This is vital when importing tracks that are already defined as objects in another session.
With the introduction of Pro Tools 2020.11 it also possible to import the group assignments of Bed and Object tracks from another session.
In order to enable this setting Pro Tools must first be set to manage Bed/Object group from the I/O Setup Bus tab.
To set Pro Tools to manage Bed/Object groups:
- Open the I/O Setup Setup>I/O
- Click the Bus tab
- Click within the Bed/Object Group column to reveal Manage Bed/Objects Groups
- Click Bed/Object Groups to open the Manage Bed/Object Groups window
- Click on Pro Tools and click OK to take control of Bed/Object Groups from the Renderer
- Click OK. At this time Bed/Object Groups will not be manually entered but ability to import Bed/Object Groups when importing session data will be accessible.
- Click OK to close the I/O Setup.
To import Object tracks from another session:
- Choose File > Import > Session Data (Option+Shift+I).
- Navigate to the session to import session data from, select it, and click Open.
- In the Tracks section of the Import Session Data dialog box, identify the tracks to import (Source) and specify the Destination for each track, either as a new track or a replacement for an existing Object track. Note that the track replace operation cannot be undone without reverting to an earlier saved version of the session file.
- In the Track Data to Import dialog box, both the Object Assignment and Toggle Settings and the Bed/Object Group Assignment options are now enabled.
- Configure the rest of the Import Session Data dialog box as desired, and click OK.